Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pawn of Prophecy, by David Eddings


2012 Book 56: Pawn of Prophecy, by David Eddings (4/3/2012)

Reason for Reading: My friend Alicia wanted me to read the Belgariad

My Review 4/5 stars
Garion lives the life of a simple farm boy until the day a storyteller comes to his village and convinces Garion’s aunt that they must leave immediately. As their quest continues, Garion grows confused and must question everything he ever knew about himself. Why do his aunt and this storyteller seem to have powers that Garion doesn’t believe in? Why do they have such powerful friends? This story of sorcery and adventure begins the Belgariad, an epic fantasy in which Garion must fight against the powers of evil in order to save his world. This book was quite enjoyable. It had fantastic characterization (to the point that I was actually getting angry at characters along with Garion). It had an interesting mystery to it because although I could make an educated guess, I don’t know the plot of the Belgariad so I don’t know exactly where it’s going. Quite a good introduction to the characters, land, and problem-to-be-solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love getting comments!